Congratulations on publishing your book!
As a small store, we must be very selective about what we choose to carry on the shelves. We do accept small-house and independently published books for consideration. The following tips will improve your chances of being selected for our store.
- Be a good customer and get to know our store before sending a review copy. Include a letter telling us why your book is of interest to our readers and links to professional reviews.
- Books are selected based on quality, local interests and shelf space. We are happy to help promote books we love, please help us by promoting our store on your website and social media. We can retweet and share posts that link to your website, our store, or IndieBound. All books in our store or available through Ingram are listed on our website at a link of the form www.scrawlbooks.com/book/ISBN
- Books submitted must be of professional quality in both text and illustration. They must be perfect-bound with the title on the spine and available at discount and returnable through major book distributors Ingram and Baker & Taylor. Standard wholesale discounts are 40-50%.
- We love hosting signings in our store and helping with events and school visits. Please email us with proposed dates, expected attendance, and contact information for the school or venue. For more tips on working with independent bookstores, read this article from the ABA.
- We regret that due to the volume of submissions we receive we cannot repsond personally to all inquiries.
We look forward to working with you!