Congratulations on publishing your book!
As a small store, we must be very selective about what we choose to carry on the shelves. We do accept small-house and independently published books for consideration. The following tips will improve your chances of being selected for our store.
- Be a good customer and get to know our store before sending a review copy. Include a letter telling us why your book is of interest to our readers and links to professional reviews.
- Books are selected based on quality, local interests and shelf space. We are happy to help promote books we love, please help us by promoting our store on your website and social media. We can retweet and share posts that link to your website, our store, or IndieBound. All books in our store or available through Ingram are listed on our website, and we offer an online affilliate program when you link to us from your site.
- Books submitted must be of professional quality in both text and illustration. They must be perfect-bound with the title on the spine and available at discount and returnable through Ingram. Standard wholesale discounts are 40-50%. Please understand that lesser discounts do not cover the bookstore's cost of stocking a book.
- We love hosting signings in our store and helping with events and school visits. Please email us with proposed dates, expected attendance, and contact information for the school or venue. For more tips on working with independent bookstores, read this article from the ABA.
- Books will be reviewed twice a year ahead of publication. Please submit one sample copy for consideration according to the following schedule:
- January 15-31 for books releasing January-July
- July 15-31 for books releasing July-December
We look forward to working with you!