The spirited child -- often called "difficult" or "strong-willed" -- can easily overwhelm parents, leaving them feeling frustrated and inadequate. Spirited kids are, in fact, simply "more" -- by temperament, they are more intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent, and uncomfortable with change than the average child. Through vivid examples and a refreshingly positive viewpoint, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka offers parents emotional support and proven strategies for handling their spirited child. "Raising Your Spirited Child" will help you:
- Understand your child's -- and your own -- temperamental traits
- Plan for success with a simple four-step program
- Discover the power of positive -- rather than negative -- labels
- Cope with tantrums and blowups when they do occur
- Develop strategies for handling mealtimes, bedtimes, holidays, school and many other situations
Filled with personal insight and authoritative advice, "Raising Your Spirited Child" can help make parenting the joy it should be, rather than the trial it can be.