This elegant, cloth-spine weekly desk diary is filled with evocative photographs and paintings of New York City from The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
New York City is defined by its soaring skyscrapers and broad bridges. But it’s also represented by modest scenes of quiet backyards and placid parks. This weekly engagement calendar from The Met showcases Gotham and all its splendor in paintings, photographs, and prints, all from the Museum’s collection.
Here are John Marin’s dynamic view of Times Square and Romare Bearden’s striking scene of Harlem; Childe Hassam’s Impressionist aerial image of flags waving on Fifth Avenue and Georgia O’Keeffe’s dramatic view of the East River. From the tip of Liberty’s torch to a crowded subway train, every week offers a new sight to enjoy as you keep track of appointments and occasions.
- Cover painting by Edward Hopper
- Hardcover with enclosed spiral binding, cloth spine
- Opens to 14 inches wide x 9 inches high
- 12 months from January 2022–December 2022
- Sunday–Saturday weeks
- Pages alternate between glossy for images and matte for calendar pages for ease of writing
- Generous grid with space to add appointments and reminders
- An identifying caption and a brief descriptive historical text accompany each work of art
- Widely celebrated and nationally recognized holidays and observances
- Moon phases, based on Universal Time
- 2022 and 2023 full year at-a-glance planners
- Lined pages to note special events and other occasions
- Black ribbon marker
- Printed on FSC-certified paper with soy-based ink