Forge your way through forests, across mountain peaks, past geysers, and more with Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible Itineraries: Adventure-packed ideas ranging from one day in each national park to a week-long road trip covering both
- The Best Hikes in Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Detailed descriptions, individual trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Marvel at the steam-spewing Old Faithful geyser or take a horseback ride to panoramic lakeside views. Hike through alpine forests to rushing waterfalls and catch a glimpse of wild bison, elk, wolves, or bears. Bask in the colorful radiance of Grand Prismatic Spring or stroll the boardwalks along Mammoth Hot Springs. Climb to Inspiration Point for breathtaking views of Jackson Hole and Jenny Lake, explore the quirky nearby towns, or discover the best spots to hit the slopes during the winter season
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: Campgrounds, resorts, and more both inside and outside the park
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expertise and Know-How: Explore both national parks with outdoors expert and former park guide Becky Lomax
- Helpful background on the indigenous culture, landscape, plants and animals, and history of the region
Find your adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks with Moon.
Visiting more of North America's national parks? Try Moon Glacier National Park or Moon USA National Parks.
About the Author
Becky Lomax grew up hiking, camping, and skiing in Olympic National Park, North Cascades National Park, and Mt. Rainier National Park (where her dad used to serve as a ranger).
During college, she worked summers in Glacier National Park. After teaching high school English for many years outside Seattle, she and her husband moved to Montana, where she served as a hiking and backpacking guide in Glacier, worked at a ski resort, and began to write about the outdoors. She relishes visiting national parks to hike, bike, backpack, kayak, and raft.
Through her writing, she advocates for conserving wild places for their unique attributes and the renewal they bring to humans. She has written about hiking trails, historic lodges and roads, camping, paddling, skiing, bicycling, wildlife, wildflowers, birds, and climate change. For magazine stories, she has tagged along with biologists into the field to radio collar bighorn sheep and grizzly bears, even touching the bear's claws and smelling its fur to discover its earthy scent.
She has published stories in several national travel magazines including Smithsonian and Backpacker. She has also authored Moon USA National Parks, Moon Glacier National Park and Moon Montana, Wyoming, & Idaho Camping.