Speaking of Race: Why Everyone Needs to Talk about Race and How to Do It
In this urgently needed guide, the PBS host, award-winning journalist, and author of We Need to Talk teaches us how to have productive conversations about race, offering insights, advice, and support.
A self-described “light-skinned Black Jew,” Celeste Headlee has been forced to speak about race—including having to defend or define her own—since childhood. In her career as a journalist for public media, she’s made it a priority to talk about race proactively. In Speaking of Race, Headlee draws from her experiences as a reporter and the latest research on bias, communication, and neuroscience to provide practical advice and insight for talking about race.
Join Headlee for a conversation on Speaking of Race exclusively with Scrawl Books patrons on Monday, November 15 from 7:00 to 8:00 pm ET on Zoom. It is sure to be an unforgettable discussion on how to engage with those we disagree with to effect meaningful change in society.
Order a copy of the book below to receive admission to this exclusive event!
- Orders of Speaking of Race: Why Everyone Needs to Talk about Race and How to Do It must be received by 12:00 pm on November 15 to include admission to the event.
- Books can be ordered via the Scrawl Books website, at our store or by phone. Our staff tracks sales to ensure tickets/links are distributed to all patrons.
- The event will take place over Zoom. Links to the event will be emailed to ticketholders beginning November 13.
- If you are ordering more than one copy of the book and would like us to email the Zoom link to additional participants, please use the "Comments" section of the web order form to provide their email addresses. (One email address per book purchased, please.)
- Have a question for Celeste? Use the "Comments" section of our web order form to send it to us. We'll forward all questions and comments to her.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We can’t wait to see you there!