High School Internships
In 2021 Scrawl Books is pleased to offer bookstore internships for current high school sophomores and juniors (rising juniors & seniors). 2-5 positions will be offered, with preference given first to South Lakes and Herndon High Schools. Students at other schools are encouraged to apply, additional offers will be made based on their skills & abilities as well as geographic proximity of additional schools.
- 10-12 hours weekly working in the store, usually one evening and one weekend shift each week.
- Additional hours may be available based on store needs, particularly around the winter holidays
- Tasks and projects in one of the following focus areas: Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, and Merchandising
- Work with school teachers & librarians and store buyer to make sure that Scrawl has the latest required reading on hand
- Identify other school opportunities such as PTA fairs and newspaper, yearbook, & arts program advertising, and store book or cash donations
Starting wage is $10.50/hour with increases at 3 months, 6 months & 1 year on the job. Deadline to apply is May 1 and training will start in June for a minimum employment term of one year. Successful interns may be invited to transition to regular employment by the store. To apply please send a resume and a few supporting work samples in your focus area of choice to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not hiring for other positions at this time, but we do keep resumes on file. You may send a resume to email@example.com.
Scrawl Books is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, customers, vendors, and community. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of our activities or operations. Scrawl full and part-time regular employees receive paid sick leave.